Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy 30th!!

Today I turned the big 30!
Do I look any older? Do i feel any older? I'll let you be the judge of that first question...and the second, well that depends.... Today I just had a fun day with my wonderful hubby. He was so sweet and we spent the whole day together. If you know him well you know he's not a big birthday celebration person but what a good sport he was!! What a great job he did in making me feel special and my 30th fun and memorable. Our day started with going to the immigration lawyer's office in downtown Dallas to apply for a re-entry permit so that Dennis, now a permanent US resident, can hold residency status in America but live and work outside of the States. Going into Dallas is always an adventure. The traffic is terrible but the roads are amazing says Dennis. He is always in awe at the flyovers and multiple lane roads. Meeting with the lawyer was a success and his reentry permit is in process. Then after that we drove around town and met up with our friend Abby and her friend Sarah for lunch at Chuys..a very fun and very yummy Mexican restaurant. I highly recommend it. Then our plans were up in the air from there...we thought about going to the Aquarium or the Science museum or even Ikea but instead went to Best Buy to buy my birthday gift. My sweet husband bought me a small video camera that I've been wanting for a long time. What a great gift and a wonderful thing to take to Kenya so we can share not only pictures but video from our home and ministry there. I have a feeling my birthday gift might be OUR gift and that Dennis might just get a lot of use out of my gift as well!! I love it! After that we went to the movies and watched Fool's Gold...a very cute movie for those who haven't seen it. We planned to go for dinner some place but after all that fun I was quite tired and was very content with going home and relaxing for the rest of the evening...and so thats what we've done. What a sweet surprise to come home to lots of Happy Birthday emails, texts, and voicemails on my phone. Then a very sweet friend of mine, Marie, and her kids came by to bring me a little gift and a birthday song! God has blessed me with so many great friends over these past 30 years and I am so thankful. God is so good and I thank HIM for each day HE has given me. What an adventure! I pray that in the next 30 years or for ever how long God allows me to live, that I will love Him, honor Him and glorify Him with every second of it.----Allison

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy be-lated birthday.

Joyce & Wes

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mark and Rachel said...

Sorry I missed it! Sounds like you had a great day! I'll be joining you in just over 6 months. Not sure I'm ready to bear the numbers 30 for my age, though! Can't wait to see videos :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.