Wednesday, January 16, 2008

More Prayers for Kenya...thoughts from Dennis and picture testimonies


Dennis thoughts and prayers from this morning:

"I wake up this morning and as I read CNN my heart bleeds for my beloved mother land! Towns in Kenya are brought to ashes by Kenyans, Kenyan children are killed by their own people. The Kenyans who are put in charge of protecting their fellow Kenyans are turning around and destroying them! WHY!!!! WHY!!!

God said to Israel of Old once upon a time, "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14"

This is my prayer for Kenya this morning as I wake up to such sad news. God have mercy on us Kenyans! God have mercy on our leaders!!!

The battle that we have to fight as believers in Jesus Christ is now not on our feet but on our KNEES! Lets do it more, lets do it often, lets do it without ceasing lets do it in Jesus name!!!"




In the capital, Nairobi, protesters in Kibera slum, where ODM leader Raila Odinga has many supporters, prepared for the police with barricades
.



"Many residents and businesses were forced to close. This man told reporters he was packing up from the Nairobi slum of Mathare before the violence escalated."





"In Eldoret, where 30 were killed after the December polls, thousands gathered in the streets. What started as a peaceful march dissolved into violence."


"Some 250,000 Kenyans have been displaced by the violence that followed the disputed 27 December election.

Many of those in Nairobi who fled slum clashes are living in a police post near a Kenya Air Force base in the capital.



Monica Atieno fled her home in Mathare slum, east of Nairobi, after Kikuyu youths started hunting for Luo men and women.

"I am lucky to be alive.

I think even when peace returns, more should be done to heal the differences that now exist among us after the elections.

"People are so divided along ethnic lines at the moment."

Ten-year-old Joseph Mathenge's hopes of returning to school next week have been dashed by the violence in Mathare.

"I left all my books and uniforms as we fled our house at night.

"We were not attacked but our neighbours' houses were set on fire and we ran away in fear.

"Now we can't play, so I am teaching my new friends how to read."

"A youth jumps on the wreckage of a car as a mob barricades a road with burning tyres in Kibera, Nairobi, yesterday as three days of mass action called by ODM got under way." Photo/DAVID MWANGI and PETERSON GITHAIGA (nationmedia.com)

(photos and quotes provided by BBC.com)

And here's some dramatic and interesting video footage from CNN:

PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY!!

GOD HELP OUR NATION!!!

1 comment:

Nicole Wilson Conley said...

i'm a subscriber now.
love you both and praying!