Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day!!
We had a sweet first Valentines Day together as a married couple...not too eventful but sweet. After we went to bed the night before and Dennis was asleep I got up quietly and wrote I LOVE YOU and a couple other little cute messages to him on the mirror in lipstick so when he woke up early the next morning he would see them. He was leaving to go to the church for an early morning meeting so I also left him a heart shaped Valentine in the car with a little love voucher and note on the car dashboard. Dennis isn't a big holiday person and wasn't too thrilled about making a big deal about the day or going out to dinner with big crowds of people so I wanted to take that pressure off of him...so on that little note I wrote him some sweet words and told him that we would stay home that night and eat at the "OMONDI restaurant" which meant I would cook him a meal an we would watch a movie together. Dennis was gone much of the morning and I babysat a friend's baby most of the day. So it was a pretty typical day for us. But when Dennis came home he showed up with a big bouquet of beautiful red roses and a little box of heart shaped sugar cookies. It was so sweet and so thoughtful of him. We played with little Denai, the baby i was babysitting, for the remainder of the afternoon, then i made a new chicken recipe from one of my cook books, and we had a nice little candlelight dinner on the living room table, and watched a movie. It was a very sweet Valentines Day. I am so thankful and so blessed to be married to my sweet husband who, despite his dislike of holidays, goes out of his way to make me feel special. Here's some pictures from our Valentines Day in our little Argyle Barn home....Allison

No comments: