Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Another day with Anjela and Allison...

I can't say I slept very much last night wondering if the pipe would bust again but thankfully it did not. James did a good job of securing it. I woke up and went straight downstairs to find the caretaker but apparently he didn't show up for work today. I reported the busted pipe all day but guess what??...NOTHING happened. Nope, no one showed up and no one even seemed to care. So still I wait again and pray that it holds another night.....

But I woke up very thankful. As I lay in bed last night i just kept thinking about how I had been gone for four nights and "just happened" to come home yesterday. And I actually considered staying another night in Mombasa instead of coming home. But if i would have waited and not come home i would have come home to a completely flooded house and everything would have been drowned in water, including all the electrical cords and surge protectors on the floor, and maybe even a fire..you just never know here in Kenya. WOW, God is good!!! And is in control of ALL THINGS!

Today Anjela and I had a good day. We visited our friends the Grossmanns for lunch and Anjela enjoyed jumping on their trampoline with the kids. Then in the afternoon we went and visited our friends Maria and Gil who just recently returned from the States. Anjela enjoyed swimming in their pool and splashing around. Now Anjela is in bed and I'm relaxing on the computer...God is good and we have great peace. We are half way through the three weeks Dennis will be gone. We are staying busy and visiting lots of people while he is gone.

Praying that tomorrow SOMEONE here at our flats will come and fix the pipes. Until then we pray that the ole duct tape will do its job to hold back the flood:):)

2 comments:

Ashley L (Missionary Moms) said...

Hi Allison! I just was stopping by to say hello and that I added you to the blogroll. I spent some time reading your blog this morning and look forward to reading more! I am glad that you're feeling better. Wow, what a rough go you've had! I'll pray right now that the pipes get fixed fast!

Unknown said...

Friend,

I know you may not feel like a trooper right now, but let me assure you that YES you are a trooper!!! After catching up on a couple of posts, I thought to myself "I might've packed up and moved back to the States!" Shows you that I wouldn't be a trooper if I had to walk in your shoes! I am praying for you. I am praying for God to draw near to your physically weary body and your discouraged soul. May you see Him upholding you and may the rest of the next week and a half be FULL of peace and rest!