Monday, October 5, 2009

Clean up, Clean up, Everybody Clean up

Anjela loves helping Mama and Mary, our househelp, clean the house. And she's so good at it too. And God knows, due to all the dust and dirt that blows in and gets tracked into this house, we clean A LOT!! I praise God for Mary who is such a blessing to me. Without her I would spend almost every second of every single day doing nothing but sweeping, mopping, dusting, washing dishes, making clean drinking water, cooking, washing clothes, hanging them to dry, and folding laundry, cleaning and scaring away the cockroaches, and scrubbing every other single spec of our apartment. We don't have all the modern machines and conveniences here like we had back in America (no drinking water from the tap, no dishwasher, no vacuum cleaner, no clothes dryer) but we survive just fine!! Again I say, praise God for Mary!! She doesn't speak English so she also helps me keep up with my Kiswahili everyday. Mary's picture at the bottom.



No comments: